Thursday, July 25, 2013

Constipation!

Not us, the RV.    I know some of you share this blog with your children so I will keep this clean, but oh the options that are there.  RVs have 3 holding tanks for water.  One for fresh water, one for gray water and one for black water.  Gray water is water used at the sinks and in the shower.  Black water is from the toilets.  The campground sight in Cheyenne did not have sewer hook up so we were conserving water and filling our tanks.  On Wednesday when it was time to leave the first stop was at the dump station.  I hooked everything up, pulled the valve for the black water...nothing!  I knew the tank was full since we had not emptied for 5 days.  We unhooked and drove around the camp ground thinking the agitation might break things up.  Nope!  Call the RV dealer and they suggest open the valve and push an awning wire in to loosen the clog.  I don't carry an awning wire with me but I do have a hose.  So while Diana turned the hose on full blast I pushed it into the drain line.  Of course I'm waiting to get covered with the contents of the tank, but nothing.  I called a plumber and they said they could pump out the tank and they would call me back.  2.5hours later we decided to call someone in Custer, SD which was our destination for that day.  They might be able to help, "call me when you get here."  By now the black water valve has been open for some time and we notice the indicator is reading empty!  What?  We figured that while we were making calls etc. the clog must have broken.  So off we went to Custer.  When we got to Custer and hooked up I pulled the black water valve and we had a gusher.  I flushed the tank twice and all is well.  Apparently the enema I gave it with the hose and the drive really got things moving.  Sorry, no pictures of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment