Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Rockie Moutain High

The last few days we have been to Vail, Breckenridge, Aspen and Snowmass.  At each location we have checked out the area and done some hiking.  We usually take a gondola up the mountain and hike from there.  Sometime there is chair lift that will take us higher, then we hike.  The air is thin as we are usually between 10 and 11 thousand feet above sea level.  This means we stop on our upward journey often to catch our breath and drink some water.  Of the places we have been I prefer Breckenridge.  I just felt it was less pretentious than the others and that I might fit in better.  Snowmass had the best vistas from the mountain top but all were amazing.  The views are incredible and it seems each vista is more magnificent than the last.  These pictures do not even come close to how spectacular the scenery is.






The best part of this leg of the journey is that Daniel is with us.  I know I am bias but I am so proud of what a fine man he is.

No comments:

Post a Comment