Sunday, January 26, 2014

Dallas and JFK

The main thing I wanted to see in Dallas was where JFK had been shot.  Diana and I were in 7th grade in 1963.  She was in Webster, NY and I was in Irwin, PA.  So while in Dallas we went to the famous Book Depository where Lee Harvey Oswald shot from the 6th floor window.

This is a scale model of the book depository.


This is the real building from outside.  this is the approximate view from the street.  In 1963 the trees were not blocking the view.










The museum does a nice job of laying out the events leading up to the assassination and covers the Warren Report and the many conspiracy theories that exist about the assassination.  It leaves open the question of who and why Kennedy was killed.


The X is where the first bullet hit Kennedy



This X is the second shot that hit him.









I had so many emotions during the walk thru the museum.  But I was really spooked when I saw the spot where Oswald was when he shot JFK.  I sometimes wonder how the USA and the world might be different if Kennedy had not been assassinated...better, worse, the same...who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment