Monday, May 13, 2013

Locked out

On May 12th we were doing the final cleaning of the house before our tenant moved in on the 13th.  We were also doing laundry for the last time at the house.  During the cleaning the owner of the rental company we have a contract with arrived to change the locks.  While he worked so did we.  We had been invited to my brothers house for dinner and Mother's day celebration.  While the last load of clothing was in the dryer I went to the store to purchase the ice cream we were to bring to my brother's.  While there I also bought some beer.  I got back to the house (we no longer consider it home) and put the ice cream in the freezer and the beer in the refrigerator.  Diana was on the phone with Daniel,  he called for Mother's day.  As the conversation went on Di and I folded laundry, packed the car and got ready to leave.  On what turned out to be the last trip I closed the door.  It was locked, we have no key anymore.  Then we realized the ice cream and beer were still inside.  Well, shoot!  Now what?  We can not get back in so back to the store for more ice cream and beer then off to Don's.  Hope the tenant appreciates the welcome gift!  She is from Texas and the beer is too.

No comments:

Post a Comment